“Too many of us are hung up on what we don't have, can't have, or won't ever have. We spend too much energy being down, when we could use that same energy – if not less of it – doing, or at least trying to do, some of the things we really want to do.”
― Terry McMillan, Disappearing Acts
From quote of the day from Good Reads, I felt it was one quote we could all appreciate. A big fan of quotations personally I find they often offer inspiration, courage, hope, and advice to us in a way we all interpret differently.
Many times internet biographies of people will include "favorite quotations" such as Facebook.
I have a few myself, one being
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" - Oscar Wilde.
What is your favorite quote? If you don't have one, go to a resource such as Good Reads and browse their quotes section. Find one that really sticks out to you - one you can relate to. Sometimes they are so close to our hearts we could have sworn that the quote was written about us.
What are some words you live by?Post some quotes to share with everyone - I personally read different quotes daily and love to hear new ones. I even asked for others to share recommendations of good quotations books with me on Good Reads
Here are some quotes for you to enjoy:
- Let your beauty unfold
- This is the real me
- Life is simple, its just not easy
- Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can
- Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be
- Why torture yourself when life will do it for you
- Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, "grow, grow"
- If you're going through hell, keep going
- Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them
- Failure is a stepping stone to something better
- Life is the game that must be played
- He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for
- Life is the sum of all your choices
- Imagination is more important than knowledge
- Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child
- If you stop struggling, then you stop life
- Leap and the net will appear
- Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures
- Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible
- All in Vanity
- Each day is a new life. Seize it Live it
- Life isn’t about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself.
- The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all
- Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious
- If you never risk anything you risk even more than fear
- Life isn’t waiting for the storm to end-it’s about dancing in the rain
- In the midst of movement and chaos keep stillness inside of you
- Turn your wounds into wisdom
- I am the captain of my soul
- Success is the best revenge
- What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly
- Fall seven times stand up eight
- Don’t go where the math may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail
- Thorns and stings and those such things-just make stronger our angel wings
- What doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger
- Let your joy scream against the pain
- In time this too shall pass